Are you interested in giving back to AYPO in a meaningful way through volunteer work? If so, please take a look at the following volunteer opportunities.
General Volunteer Opportunities
- Office work
- Usher at concerts (hand out concert programs at auditorium door)
- Ticket sales at concerts
- Merchandise - sell AYPO merchandise (t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.) at one or more concerts during the season.
- Videography - create video of concert or event (includes post-production editing as necessary)
- Van Transportation
- Orchestra hospitality (assist in providing and preparing refreshments, or serving and cleaning up afterwards)
- Translator - speaking at meetings, translating forms and letters: Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, and other translators needed.
- Volunteer Coordinator - requires calling other parents to organize volunteers for AYPO's needs.
- Special Event Committee - help plan and execute special event with a team of other volunteers.
- Parent Liaison - be involved with other parents in your child's orchestra through a parent liaison committee.
To volunteer for General Volunteer Opportunities, contact 703-642-8051 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Orchestra Staff
AYPO's Volunteer Orchestra Staff are essential to the successful operation of each orchestra. These positions require attendance (arriving early and remaining) at rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and concerts in addition to duties beyond the orchestra sessions (phone calls or assembling music):
- Personnel Manager - facilitator whose purpose is to ensure the smooth and efficient running of each and every rehearsal. The Personnel Manager reports to the AYPO General Manager on a weekly basis with regard to orchestra attendance and other personnel issues, and should also be called with any questions or concerns. Personnel Managers also work with the AYPO Operations Manager and/or Stage Manager, who oversee logistical needs, stage protocol and the concert dress code for the orchestras.
- Music Librarian - assists the General Manager by preparing, distributing, collecting, and tracking music and folders among musicians of assigned orchestra, as well as ensuring that extra parts are available during rehearsals.
- Stage Crew - oversees and assists Student stage crew in the set-up and break-down of rehearsal spaces including: orchestra chairs, conductor equipment, and percussion equipment. Stage Crew are needed before and after rehearsals for up to a ½ hour and should be present during rehearsals for any special staging needs. Stage Crew will report to the Operations Manager or Stage Manager.
To volunteer for a position as a Volunteer Orchestra Staff member, contact 703-642-8052 or email@example.com.
Please note: children of volunteers do not receive any preferential consideration.